Technical Support Engineer
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Technical Support Engineer for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Menomonee Falls, WI, 53094 CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY RATE: $26.50/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, Ability to work flexible hours (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT; remote phone support required on a rotating basis nights and weekends
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturer of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
Bill rate: $36.83
Start and End Date: 07/20/2020 to 01/19/2021
Post Date: 07/10/2020
- The primary function of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide technical support for the low voltage variable frequency drives (VFD) support team within the Technical Resource Center (TRC). This position assists customers with product selection, application assistance, programming and troubleshooting of the company's VFD products. This position will assist customers through various channels including phone and email.
- Provide post sale and presale technical support for Variable Frequency Drives (VFD).
- Provide support via phone and email
- Effectively communicate product value proposition and product line strategies
- Help the team meet or exceed team metrics
- Ability to perform assigned duties in a team atmosphere
- Participate on teams to enhance team performance and drive process improvement
- Participate in the development and maintenance of product support resources (i.e. Self-serve Knowledge Base)
- Ability to work flexible hours to support emergency customer situations
The candidate must possess the following skills and knowledge to successfully perform in this function:
- Technical knowledge
- Self-management skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- BS degree in engineering
- VFD experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Ability to work flexible hours (8:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET; remote phone support required on a rotating basis nights and weekends)
- Automation technical knowledge (PLCs, HMIs and communication protocols)
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.