APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Assembler for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: New Bedford, MA 02745 CONTRACT: 7 months or longer PAY RATE: $13.25 per hour SHIFT: 1st shift, Monday - Friday; 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, OT required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with small parts and perform a variety of simple to moderate operations to assemble product.
- Perform short cycle, highly repetitive hand assembly operation of various styles and sizes of product parts which may be frames, preforms, bottoms, ground pins, lead frames, beads, pins, eyelets to carbon molds or to each other, following prescribed methods.
- Use a variety of hand tools including tweezers, magnets, mallets, vibrator, magazines, carbon molds, stands, glass beads, and tape machine. Use finger cots to prevent contamination of parts.
- Place molds in trays or on cardboard after completion of operation and tape.
- Orientation of heads may be by automation or hand prep for assembly to pins or eyelets.
- Work from flowsheet folder, blueprint specifications, process sheets, written and/or verbal instructions.
- Operate lead-cutting machine to trim lead frames to proper size as specified by customer.
- Use magnifier and related equipment and materials.
- Perform additional assembly work as directed.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties. May also be moved by others.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to group leader or supervisor.
- Maintain established quality standards and follow quality procedures.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports as required.
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition, that prescribed safety measures are followed, and that established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Work overtime as needed or as required with appropriate notice and in accordance with company policy.
- 1-3 years of experience in role
- HS Diploma or GED
- Steel toed shoes required
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.