CNC Field Technician
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Duration: 9 months
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
APR is currently looking for Principal Field Technician.
The person in this role:
- Performs technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as fabrication, integration, modification, assembly, and test of electronic and electromechanical systems
- Fabricates metal piece parts from supplied drawings in small light industrial machine shop utilizing CNC milling machine, CNC lathe, & other metal fabrication tools
- Desire and Interest in learning CNC machinery and metal fabrication experience beneficial
- Fabricates both fiber optic and copper cable assemblies utilizing military and commercial grade connectors
- Basic soldering for cable fabrication
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, and simple developmental engineering tasks
- Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications
- Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level
- Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and test apparatus
- Individual may be assigned to an area such as development, engineering, or test equipment design.
- Excludes those assigned to production test activities
To qualify for this opportunity candidates:
- A high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of additional education and/or related experience
- Experience with commercial and shipboard electronic cabinet build and integration
- Experienced in the use of various hand tools including power tools such as hand drill, drill press, grinder, sander to support design and prototype tasking
- A US citizenship with the ability to obtain a current Secret security clearance
Rate: $29.50/hour on W2
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team.
We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.