Electrical Engineer - Sr Electrical Engineer 2
Cedar Rapids, IA
Pay Rate: $57.53/hr
Duration: 1-2 Years
Primary assignments will include design, development, documentation, integration, testing, and module and system level verification of any and all Government Systems RF power amplifier designs. They must demonstrate strong interface skills with both internal and external customers, as well as subcontractors. In addition, the individual may be required to technically lead a RF power amplifier design and verification team with clear focus on aggressive design to cost and schedule goals.
- At least one (1) year of prior RF hardware design covering the HF, VHF / UHF, L-band and/or S-band
- Experience in some or all aspects of RF hardware development life cycle including requirements capture and validation, design and development, sub-level and system level integration and testing.
- Prior RF power amplifier hardware design experience.
- Military communications and data links experience is desirable
- RF CAE tool experience with VSS, Agilent ADS or AWR MWO, and\or Ansoft HFSS (analog and digital tool experience a plus)
- Experience in requirements generation and validation, allocation and traceability
- Experience with documentation and spreadsheet tools e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, etc.
- Ability to understand and be capable of interpreting, investigating, designing, and testing to the current version of DO-254
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to handle unexpected events and take advantage of opportunities and events to achieve excellent results. The individual must be able to communicate with employees at all levels in the organization. Additionally candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent problem solving, data analysis, and critical thinking skills.
Applicants must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements. Strongly prefer clearance to be active, must be willing and able to obtain one, but not a requirement.
Compensation & Benefits
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. - Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service).
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.