Engineering Project Assistant
Title: Engineering Project Assistant
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Duration: 12 months or longer
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are looking for an Engineering Project Assistant who will be responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Individual must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects.
- Candidate will coordinate an in house training/education environment: Job duties include: coordinating classes, coordinating curriculum, cataloging and inventory courses.
- Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
- Ensures compliance with the Third-Party Intellectual Property process.
- Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
- Analyzes metrics, identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements. Works with Engineering to train on processes and tools.
- Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
- Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels. Communications require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
- Generally, works on highly complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
To qualify for this opportunity candidates:
- US Citizenship required
- HS Diploma or GED Required.
- 2 years of experience in a customer service position required.
- Basic knowledge/experience with Microsoft office product suite required.
- Candidate must also be proactive, and be able to adapt/multitask on the fly
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Rate: $19.37/hour on W2
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team.
We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.