TITLE: Production Lab Tester LOCATION: Miami, FL 33170 CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $15-$16/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: M-F, 1st shift, 40 hrs. a week
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- To provide technician support to the Weathering Department (Static and Evaluations) at SFTS. Expose new orders, evaluate specimens, return orders, retrieve specimens and generate reports.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with receipt and shipping of incoming and outgoing test samples.
- Prepares specimens for exposure by mounting and exposing as per client requirements.
- Set up new orders, log specimen into computer using AWSG database.
- According to list, acquires folder, retrieves samples, marks location, completes paperwork (sign and date).
- Retrieves specimen for evaluation according to daily work list of tests due.
- Evaluates specimens at the designated intervals both in the laboratory or field, per industry standards and client specifications.
- Performes washes and measures gloss, distinctness of image (DOI), color, haze, and optical property readings at the scheduled itervals, using appropriate equipment as per the applicable standards.
- Verification/ Standardization of instruments on a daily basis, or as needed by specification and company policy.
- Generates reports for clients
- Returns samples to field for resumption of testing.
- Performs field inspections (visual) and/or field washes, as per folder instructions; enters into computer.
- Machine/Testing equipment housekeeping
- Perform visual inspections utilizing weathering degradation knowledge
- Able to calibrate machines, complete necessary logs and records relating to preventative maintenance.
- May communicate with customers regarding industry standards (to explain the standards), provide test results, discuss changes in evaluations (as required by client) if needed.
- Able to effectively answer client questions and concerns via telephone, fax, email, or while visiting the site if needed.
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of departmental activities, cross-trained in most activities within the department, and able to facilitate the workflow within the department.
- Experience in a laboratory or testing environment preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
- Must have a high level of visual acuity. Able to differentiate color, light and texture change.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs or more on a continuous basis
- Standing for long periods of time
- Carrying 25 lbs or more on a continuous basis
- Ability to work outdoors for an extended period of time.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.