TITLE: Logistics Specialist LOCATION: San Diego, CA 92121 CONTRACT: 5 months or longer PAY RATE: $18/hr. on W2 SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 6:30am - 3:30pm, OT possible
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- This position is responsible for all functions associated with Receipt, Movement, and Storage of Materials and Kits
- 25% of the daily workload
- Obtain / Maintain Certification in assigned duties as required.
- Prepares (e.g. sorts, counts, packages) and stages material for movement as necessary
- Checks, counts and verifies all materials and supplies received against appropriate paperwork.
- Sorts and checks all material before issuing to a department or stock
- Process backorder items and expedites material issuance to critical production requirements & shortages
- Identifies and reports damaged items
- Completes all paperwork and documents involving parts or materials received into and/or issued out of the area to ensure accountability
- Pulls materials, parts and supplies to fill stock requisitions and kits as necessary for production commitments.
- Conducts cycle counts to verify inventory accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of previous shipping experience required
- 3+ years international shipping exp.
- 3+ years with shipping LTL and Freight Forwarder exp.
- Steel Toed Shoes required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.