TITLE: Materials Inspector LOCATION: New Bedford, MA 02745 CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY RATE: $14.46/hr on W2 SHIFT: 1st shift, Monday - Friday; 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, OT required
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is one of the leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Perform a variety of visual and mechanical inspection operations required to thoroughly inspect packages and parts in process.
- Use of mathematics including decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, simple use of diagrams and blueprint reading, checking or records, forms and comparable data, where interpretation is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform diversified monitoring functions during manufacturing process for conformance to specifications and dimensional and visual requirements following standard methods and procedures.
- Perform Minor repairs to correct non-compliant materials.
- Work from flowsheet folder, blueprint specifications, process sheets, written and/or verbal instructions.
- Use comparator, microscope, precision measuring instruments, forms and related equipment and materials. May use x-ray when inspecting in Plating Dept.
- Utilize established sampling plans on all in-process materials.
- Complete required sheets and forms, maintaining necessary records or audits, dates inspector involved, acceptance or rejection and reasons, etc.
- Inspect materials that have been sealed from various types of metals and glass.
- Some dimensions checked to very close tolerances.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to group leader or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Maintain established quality standards and follow quality procedures.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports as required.
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition, that prescribed safety measures are followed, and that established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Work overtime as needed or as required with appropriate notice and in accordance with company policy.
- Steel toed shoes required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.