Title: Network Engineer
Location: Palmdale, CA
Pay Rate: $58/hr.
Assignment Duration: 6 months or longer
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
- Administer and monitor Cisco LAN and WAN devices, including routers and switches, and verify compliance to corporate standards.
- Administer and monitor network security devices, including firewalls, IDPS, client VPNs, and verify compliance to corporate standards.
- Maintain network infrastructure, including network closets, Cat-5e/6 cabling, and fiber-optic cabling, and verify compliance standards.
- Troubleshoot network problems and outages, schedule equipment upgrades.
- College degree (BA or BS) in a computer science or engineering field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years network operations administration experience; experience administering Cisco routing, switching, and security platforms;
- A solid understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP-based networking;
- Experience configuring feature such as VLANs, Spanning-tree, BGP, OSPF, HSRP; Knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP-based services including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SFTP, SMTP, NTP; knowledge/experience with network tools, such as packet sniffers, network management platforms such as CiscoWorks and Nagios;
- IPv6 and VOIP understanding desirable;
- Cisco CCNA certification desirable
- US CITIZENSHIP IS A MUST
Pay Rate: $58/hr.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. - Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service).
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.