Principal Software Engineer
Title: Principal Software Engineer
Location: Melbourne, FL
Duration: 1 year (potential to extend)
Pay Rate: $85/hr on W2
Clearance: Interim Clearance or higher needed to start
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
APR is currently looking for experienced Software Engineer
The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
The E-2D program is seeking a software engineer to support multiple E-2D programs. Their responsibilities would include:
• Full Lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software
• Work with various sub teams to integrate functionality with other IPTs
• Actively participate in code reviews
• Develop SW products from all phases of SW life cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++ or Ada
- Experience with Linux
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Experience in Software Test
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite and tools like git and Confluence
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Eclipse or other integrated development environment (IDE)
- Knowledge of Linux systems with basic commands
- Familiar with aircraft systems/subsystems architectures (i.e., CNI, vehicle, cockpit, …)
- Experience with OpenGL
Compensation and Benefits
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team.
We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.