APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Quality Inspector for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: San Diego, CA 92121 CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY RATE: $20/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 5:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Read and understand blueprints, specifications
- Inspect parts using inspection tools, such as micrometers, calipers
- Perform functional test on magnetic parts, such as transformers, inductors
- Under general supervision, performs visual, mechanical, dimensional, functional or electrical inspection of raw materials, parts, assemblies or final product in receiving inspection or production assembly process
- Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase orders, manufacturer specifications and industry standards
- The inspector will be required to report inspection results via computer application
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Quality Control Inspector candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience performing inspections in electronics manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 years of experience at test and inspection in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Should have experience in quality inspection on electronic components, systems and mechanical parts
- Electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical background is required
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs)
- The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers, and test equipment
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) and knowledge of applicable industry standards like IPC-A-610 or equivalent is highly desired
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to develop a good rapport with other departmental members.
- Skillful presentation of work issues to prevent negative reactions.
- Requires the use of good judgment at all times
- Requires the ability to gather and analyze information
- Requires resolve to follow through until a satisfactory Quality resolution has been made
- Must be able to make decisions.
Mental & Visual Effort:
- Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
- Sitting most of the shift
- Must be able to push carts of circuit boards, on occasion lifting up to 35 pounds.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.