Supply Chain Logistics Specialist
Duration: 12 months
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
APR is currently looking for a Supply Chain Logistics Specialist 1.
The person in this role:
- Consolidates client orders into optimal load profiles and assigns carriers to loads utilizing the Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Responsible for load planning, optimization, routing and scheduling of all transportation modes
- Responds to client needs by answering e-mails, calls, tracking and moving shipments
- Serves as the daily direct point of contact for client; direct point of contact for client issues that require immediate attention
- Recommends corrective action to client or executives to adjust customer complaints
- Monitors and ensures on-time pick-up and delivery
- Expedites shipments when necessary on behalf of client
- Works with IT implementation team to validate and improve TMS performance; assists with strategic initiatives to increase automation and efficiency
- Provides cross-training to teammates; as needed
- Other duties as required and assigned
- US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor Degree plus 0 years of experience or a High School diploma or GED plus 8 years of experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a shipping/receiving or logistics role.
- Applicant must be familiar with military and/or commercial transportation/distribution, handling, freight tendering, standards for packing/packaging.
- Well organized, effective working independently as well as in a group environment, able to handle multiple assignments, possess good oral and written communication skills and has a heighten understanding of Microsoft products.
- Detail-oriented and possess a strong understanding of commitment to overall mission.
- Possess the ability to learn and follow established processes, procedures, and requirements. Experience with the use of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) applications
- Experience with HAZMAT shipping a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required certifications related to hazardous material handling and disposal.
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Power Point required.
- Must have the ability to obtain And maintain a DoD Secret Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team.
We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.