Title: Sustaining Engineer Location: New Bedford, MA Duration: 4 months or longer
Our client is one of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Sustaining Engineers who will be responsible for providing technical knowledge and expertise in developing products, processes, production sequences, procedures and methods. This includes development of manufacturing plans, program timelines and reports, design reviews, mechanical designs, documentation packages, production builds and training as needed. This engineer will be assigned responsibility for technical support and sustaining mature products currently in production.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results. Prepare Release Packages consisting of: Bill of Materials, routings, drawings, fixtures/tooling, ECNs
- Confer with team regarding manufacturing capabilities to facilitate production processes.
- Confer with sales/customer concerning product design for manufacturing to ensure quality results. Interpret customer drawings and specifications in relation to capabilities.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency. Perform process failure analysis (PFMEA), gap analysis and value stream maps.
- Review and disposition non-compliant material (DMRs and RMAs) to determine root cause and develop corrective/preventative actions.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company safety regulations and company policies and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Glass to metal sealing experience preferred.
- Experience with AutoCad, Solidworks or similar 3D CAD programs.
- Manufacturing/Machining knowledge preferred.
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft office, MRP.
- 5 to 10 years of engineering work experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work with diverse groups
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Rate: $36-46/hr.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.