APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Wire Assembler for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: New Bedford, MA 02745 CONTRACT: 7 months or longer PAY RATE: $14.25 per hour SHIFT: 1st shift, Monday - Friday; 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, OT required
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repetitive wiring/racking, unwiring/unracking duties and move plating fixtures within plant following prescribed methods and practice, as well as transforming parts from one form of material handling container to another.
- Will routinely lift weights up to 25 pounds in performance of duties.
- Work from written and/or verbal instructions-use racks, wire cutters, wire equipment and related equipment.
- Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain parts to be racked/unracked onto or from trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Record number of units racked or handles on daily production sheet.
- Attach identifying tags or labels to mark information on cases or other containers.
- Count parts, racks and verify counts throughout plating operation.
- Visually inspect all parts during racking and unracking, and set aside parts with defects that would be cause for rejection.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipments in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations, safety precautions and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
- 3 months up to 1-year of experience in role
- HS Diploma or GED
- Steel toed shoes required
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.