JOB TITLE: Technical Writer
LOCATION: Foothill Ranch, CA
PAY RATE: $37/hr.
DURATION: 4 months
Our client is a leading provider of IT products and services for the global marketplace including hardware, software, networking, business solutions and more.
- This role will be working on the client's collection of software that drives ATM-type devices (cash dispensers, cash recyclers, etc.).
- There is currently a very basic software developer's guide in place for this type of equipment – it needs to be enhanced and elaborated on.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, writing, editing and releasing a variety of software technical documents, such as developer's user guides, software requirement specifications, software design specifications, installation Manual, and application support notes.
- Candidate must be organized and have the ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, take initiative.
- Candidate must also be able to interact with others at all levels.
- Must be able to write and update user-level documentation design and functional specifications; documents may include online hypertext help files and diagrams.
- Must be able to provide editorial, formatting, and proofreading assistance to produce company internal and external documents under strict deadlines.
- Excellent writing, editing, desktop publishing, and communication skills.
- Extensive experience with a variety of authoring and other job-related tools (document or web page template creating with Word, FrameMaker, or an HTML editor, for example).
- Bachelor's Computer Engineering and/or Computer Networks & Systems and/or Computer Science and/or Digital Media and/or Mechanical Engineering and/or Media & Multimedia Arts and/or Prof. & Technical Comm. or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Framework
- Understanding of Excel functional commands; for example, basic and nested functions, editing cells containing conditional settings, working with customized macros
- Technical understanding/previous tech writing for things built with the following would be beneficial: - C#, InstallShield, GUI, MS Visual Studio, Subroutines, interdependencies, formatting, multiple software revisions Extensions are possible, as there is a lot of work in this group.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
PAY RATE: $37/hr.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.