APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify an Administrative Assistant
Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Position: Administrative Assistant
Pay Rate: $23.11/hr
Duration: 12 months
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client has been delivering clean, safe and reliable natural gas to its customers for more than 140 years. It is the nation's largest natural gas distribution utility and they are seeking top talent to help in their goal of providing safe and reliable energy to 20.9 million consumers across the Southern California area.
- Works primarily independently under limited supervision and many times with a sense of urgency, performs advanced and highly complex administrative/clerical functions including: type letters, memoranda and forms, orders supplies, maintains files, answers telephones, schedules appointments/conferences, makes travel arrangements, receives visitors and sorts mail.
- Plans or schedules own work.
- Coordinates and/or takes lead responsibility on special projects requiring advanced skills.
- Uses business applications software and peripheral equipment.
- Creates, maintains, updates databases and delivers customized reports on demand.
- Composes correspondence and reports for supervisor's signature.
- Reviews written material for accuracy and completeness.
- Checks calculations for accuracy.
- Reconciles report data.
- Maintains petty cash funds, inventory, etc.
- Processes time sheets, payroll, budget and expense accounts.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Performs various other equivalent and lower grade functions.
- Maintains and prepares records.
- Maintains mailing lists for internal and external distribution of periodic reports.
- Maintains records on mainframe reports.
- A high school diploma and previous office experience is required.
- College courses or vocational training desired.
- Must type 50 wpm and perform transcription.
- Must be able to operate a computer and peripheral equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Exchange Outlook is required.
- Business application software including spreadsheets, database and word processing skills is required.
- Must possess intermediate math skills and be able to operate a calculator.
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is a match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.