HR Staffing Associate
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a HR Staffing Associate
Location: San Diego, CA 92123
Position: HR Staffing Associate
Pay Rate: $22.84/hr
Duration: 12 months
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client has been delivering clean, safe and reliable natural gas to its customers for more than 140 years. It is the nation's largest natural gas distribution utility and they are seeking top talent to help in their goal of providing safe and reliable energy to 20.9 million consumers across the Southern California area.
Position Summary: Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Diversity & Workforce Management department to assist the Staffing team with the recruitment and selection process.
- Perform administrative work of moderate complexity that requires the knowledge and application of the human resource management processes and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with candidates and assist recruiters to create requisitions, post positions to job boards, schedule interviews, coordinate travel arrangements and employment assessments.
- Process pre-employment contingencies in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Take appropriate measures to ensure compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and company policy to avoid discrimination of disabled applicants (i.e. explain and provide testing accommodations to candidates).
- Under supervision, assist in preparing offer letters, generate employment packages, collect and process new hire paperwork accordingly (i.e. I9 completed and verified in accordance with The Immigration and Naturalization Law of 1986).
- Comply with company negotiated bargaining unit agreements and other state and federal regulations, such as Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), ADA, and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) to ensure the best hiring practices are enforced.
- Support college recruiting by scheduling on-campus interviewing activities, reserving rooms, advertising and coordinating events.
- Assist in the preparation, monitoring, updating, of statistical-related data through use of effective organization and analytical skills.
- Schedule meetings, screen and route mail, process expense reports, and coordinate travel arrangements. Assist with departmental audits.
- File, maintain records, and answer customer inquiries by phone, email and in person. Prepare reports and documents in standard business format.
- Review, proofread, and edit material to ensure accuracy, correct grammar, and neatness. Conduct on-the-job training for cross-level employees in all phases of Human Resources (HR) Staffing functions.
- Process travel expense reimbursements and order office supplies as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely transaction of employee system updates in adherence with company policies, union contractual agreements and department requests.
- Enter new hire information in HR systems and act as liaison between hiring departments and colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- H.S. Diploma/GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. Preferred
- Experience: • 3 years of Administrative experience, including computer proficiency with working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Access.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Intermediate
- Must process strong interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Intermediate Must demonstrate an exceptional customer service understanding and adhere to strict confidentiality requirements. Intermediate
Compensation & Benefits
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.