APR has been engaged to identify hard working Purchasing/ Procurement Analyst for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
JOB POSITION: Purchasing/ Procurement Analyst
LOCATION: Irvine, CA CONTRACT: 4 months or longer PAY RATE: $30.00/hr
- Follow the company policy to complete PO packets
- Prepare and follow up RFQ's to the suppliers for the PO packets
- Conduct the supplier selection analysis in order to identify the best source
- Purchase materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery. Plan material flow to ensure minimum investment while ensuring high levels of support to Program Managers. Support purchasing team in a coordinated effort to manage exceptions and achieve plant, division and individual goals and support strategies and issues related to plant operations.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of purchasing strategies to support Fuel and Motion Control production schedules while controlling costs. Partners with Production Managers, Contracts and Engineering in the selection of suppliers for new products
- Communicate material quality and delivery change requirements to suppliers in an MRP environment.
- Develop and maintain plans to obtain department and division cost improvements and objectives.
- Implement corrective actions to minimize the receiving GRIEFs and rejections
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management as required.
- Leads supplier consolidation efforts.
- Leads continuous improvement activities.
- Proactively resolve supplier invoicing issues and implements corrective actions to minimize future errors
- Attend daily production meeting to provide material parts status.
- Create RFQ's and place purchase orders, negotiates lowest cost, favorable terms to support material demand requirements.
- React to MRP messages to ensure material supply is aligned to system demand and strategically uses system planning and parameters to ensure optimal inventory levels
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- PO Packets experience with Aerospace companies
- 5 years minimum strategic purchasing experience
- Ability to interface at all levels.
- Excellent communication Skills
- Good mathematical and decision making skills
- Good Time management skills
- High level of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Project)
- Sourcing and purchasing experience with Machining, Raw Materials and Castings commodities
- Ability to read technical engineering drawings
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service).
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.