Senior ESCC Systems Specialist
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Senior ESCC Systems Specialist for one of the nation's largest organization in the energy industry.
LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV 89118
CONTRACT: 8 months or longer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the overall stability of the ESCC Computer and Network infrastructure.
- Provides expert 7X24 hour support for the ESCC and Network Infrastructure.
- Resolves ESCC system problems and initiates long term solutions in a team environment.
- Coordinates and collaborates the implementation of new solutions with internal and external departments.
- Maintains knowledge of current system technology and investigates current developments in systems and assimilates functional experience with new software technologies to improve business processes.
- Leads activities related to the installations and maintenance of ESCC Computer and Network infrastructure.
- Provides work direction and technical assistance to less experienced staff.
- Ensures that all Electric System Control Center's computer systems are functioning as designed.
- Provides security to the ESCC Computer and Network Infrastructure mandated by the Critical Infrastructure Protection program.
- Works with external department to ensure that Computer Systems are in compliance with NERC and FERC regulations.
- Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, procedures, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment. Education and Work Experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited school and 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills-Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of Control Center computing operation, networking: Juniper, databases: Oracle, Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems, proprietary EMS and DMS software, VMWare. Demonstrated experiences in Software Release Management, Network Configuration, Firewalls, Routers, Data Base Administration, Application Development, Operating Systems, and Computer Hardware. Demonstrated organization, time management and communication skills.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service). 401k plan is available after 90 days.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.