Jr. Network Security Analyst
NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST
Location: Remote East/West Coast
Duration: 6 months or longer
Pay: $45.62/hr on W2
Schedule: 9-5PM or 10-6PM EST
Our client is a subsidiary of an American multinational telecommunications company for its media and online businesses.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The Technical Security Analyst position is within our client's IT Security group whose mission is to deliver information security solutions and services to protect our client's information assets, computing infrastructure, applications, and data. The Analyst will work within the Vulnerability & Controls Operations team helping to establish Security Baseline Configurations for commonly used technologies and to identify and mitigate risks. The ideal candidate will have great interest in information security, has hands-on technical security experience, and be able to come up with creative and unique solutions to security- related problems.
The Analyst will perform technical security activities including the following:
- Perform vulnerability scan, analysis, validation and remediation activities.
- Validate vulnerabilities discovered through code analysis and scans.
- Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of Verizon Media environment's risk level, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats.
- Research and assess new threats, vulnerability security trends and security alerts, recommend remedial action.
- Work with customers to oversee remediation of identified security issues.
- Perform technical and non-technical compliance activities.
- Perform security validation for configuration settings on different systems.
- Expert in Linux based operating systems and databases
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Familiarity with Enterprise Vulnerability Management tools such as Rapid 7 Nexpose, Nessus and Qualys.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) security.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.