Business Consultant Specialist
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify Financial Analyst
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify Business Consultant Specialist
Location: Santa Clara, CA 95051
Position: Business Consultant Specialist
Pay Rate: $55/hour
Duration: 3 months
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is one of the largest non-profit health plan founded in 1945 which offers comprehensive, affordable health coverage plans for individual & family, Medicare, employers, and large group.
This position supports the Business Line leadership in the development and execution of analyses, plans, and business processes that support regional and national strategies. The Business Consultant Specialist will work closely with the regional and national Business Line leadership, key national and regional functional areas, other lines of business. The work includes assessments, identifying impacts, developing work plans, and identifying outcomes and critical path milestones to monitor performance or progress.
- Responsible for supporting the development, execution and ongoing monitoring of regional and national strategies and work streams
- Able to be a thought partner with stakeholders to identify analytic gaps and opportunities;
- Works with other national leaders within and outside the business line and functional areas to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Lead/support cross functional/regional projects.
- Develop plans with clear goals, timelines, milestones and key outcomes in partnership with functional and regional leaders; monitors progress and results.
- Identifies risks and works with functional or regional business leaders and staff to create mitigation plans.
- Monitors changes to environment that can impact strategies, business plans, and business processes; partners with leaders, functional areas and other lines of business to conduct analyses and action plans as needed.
- Coordinates data and reports across functional areas and regions as needed to support the business line.
- Supports regions in executing specific initiatives as needed.
- Interacts with key leaders to provide status reporting including executive reporting, cross team reporting and program wide reporting.
- Establishes relationships with supervisors, peers and project members to obtain necessary resources and gain support in project delivery and intentionally builds relationships across the organization to gain buy-in and move initiatives forward.
- Organizes and guides project through complex decision-making regarding resource allocation, project scope and deliverables in the context of conflicting priorities and limited resources.
- Provides leadership when problem solving and able to evaluate analyses prepared by project team members and to select most effective resolution.
- Identifies issues or decisions which must be escalated to the VP level or possibly the executive sponsor level.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities but is expected to mentor program/project team members as needed to improve skills and capabilities.
- 1-5 years of work experience in health plans or related field
- 3 or more years in a consulting role with specific experience in leading and managing complex cross functional initiatives.
- Experience leading multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be a strong thought partner with leaders and other team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, must be able to adjust verbal and written communications depending on audience e.g., executives vs. project team
- Bachelor's degree or 4 equivalent years of experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products, MS Visio, MS Project
- Experience analyzing complex data from multiple sources and developing reports/recommendations -Prior work experience at Kaiser Permanente -Project Management or a process re-engineering certificate
- Master's Degree
Compensation & Benefits
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.