Disability Evaluation Coordinator
APR has been engaged to identify hard working
Disability Evaluation Coordinator.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
LOCATION: New Bern, NC 28562
CONTRACT: 6 Months, temp to hire
8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday – Friday
Over-time Required: No
Performs a variety of activities in support of the claimant examination and pre-examination questionnaires. Gathers, collects, records, tracks, enters and verifies medical data and information from multiple sources. Reviews and edits medical data in software application to ensure accuracy in context, grammar, spelling and consistency. Delivers exceptional customer service at all customer touch points.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates directly with claimants
- Confirms consultative appointments for examinees
- Review and assist claimants with pre-examination questionnaires for completeness and enters medical history into proprietary EMR system for provider review
- Review and edit medical history in proprietary software application to ensure accuracy in context, grammar, spelling and consistency. Accomplished through review of computerized worksheets, doctor's notes, and verifying information through dialogue with the patient
- Act as a liaison between the patient, clinic, operations team and provider
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology and body systems
- Knowledge of EMR and MS Office Suite software applications
- Experience in data entry with accurate and efficient typing skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of applicable policies and procedures
- Ability to organize, plan and coordinate multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency and follow-through
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required
- Vocational training, preferably in a medical related study (e.g., Medical Assistant, CAN, LVN, EMT, Military Medic, Hospital Corpsman, etc.)
- 1 to 3 years' experience technology driven medical data entry or related computer data entry
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.