APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Medical Assistant
Location: Palm Springs, Ca 92262 Position: Medical Assistant Pay Rate: $13/hr Duration: 3 months (with possibility of conversion)
Schedule Needed: M-F, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Performs routine and basic front and back office duties, to include phones, data entry, and assisting in the examination process of patients under the direction of a physician. Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patients' charts, draws and collects blood samples from patients, prepares specimens for laboratory analysis, and conducts a variety of diagnostic tests.
ADMINISTRATIVE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for front office duties such as: answering telephones, scheduling and confirming appointments, preparing schedules, data entry (including referral contracts, post appointment information), and filing
- Data entry and review of computerized worksheets manually completed by claimants
- Reviews and edits reports in proprietary software application to ensure accuracy in context, grammar, spelling, and consistency. This will be accomplished through review of computerized worksheets, doctor's notes, and verifying information through dialogue with physician
- Review each exam report for accuracy prior to submission to the physician for final review and approval
- Assists in the retrieval of diagnostic tests for scanning into propriety software application
- Interfaces with operational teams and assists in the provision of medical records
- Works with providers and operational teams to ensure reports are submitted timely and accurately
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of reports for all lines of business
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- High School diploma, or equivalent (GED)
- Associate degree in Medical Assisting and/or graduation from an accredited vocational Medical Assistant program, and/or military equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification/Registration or meet state requirements
- 1 to 3 years of medical assistant experience
- CPR certification required
- Technology driven medical data entry system experience or related computer data entry
- Experience in Occupational Medicine clinic, General Medical, Internal Medicine work environment preferred
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- First Aid certification preferred
Compensation & Benefits
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.