APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Medical Biller
Location: Diamond Bar, CA 91765 Position: Medical Biller Pay Rate: $14.75/hr Duration: 3 – 6 months, possible hire
Schedule Needed: Mondays – Fridays; 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Position Summary: Responsibilities: Requirements:
Responsible for compiling amounts owed to medical facility. Reviews and maintains orders, invoices and records to ensure accuracy. Maintains all patient payment records. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of medical billing practices
- Knowledge of ICD-9 (International Classification of Disease, Ninth Edition), CPT and HCPC (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)c oding, medical terminology and CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) guidelines including NCCI (National Correct Coding Initiative)edits
- Ability to work in a high-volume billing environment
- Knowledge of business and accounting processes
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Understands HIPPA privacy practices
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses):
- High School diploma, or equivalent (GED)
- 0 to 1 years of related experience
- Medical Billing Certification preferred
- Medical terminology in a medical billing environment is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, strong emphasis in Excel
Compensation & Benefits
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.