Medical Records Reviewer
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Medical Records Reviewer .
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX 78229
CONTRACT: 3-5 Months, temp to hire
Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Over-time Required: Overtime required once the employee is off audit
Under close supervision, responsible for downloading, scanning, indexing, and organizing claimant records electronically (e.g. military records, diagnostic test results, physician's notes, etc.) using required technology. Uses technology to ensure work meets quality standards set by the department. Reviews contents of VA claims folder for the presence of required documents and escalates incomplete/ incorrect records in accordance with policies and procedures. Reassembles and organizes VA claims folder according to established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, examine, identify, and scan treatment records, progress notes, and other documentation relative to specific medical and/or psychological conditions listed by claimants
- Convert hard copy documents into an electronic PDF format which uploads into a centralized database
- Utilize Adobe Acrobat software and high-speed production scanners for the purpose of transforming hard copy documents into an electronic format
- Identify listed medical or psychological conditions, including all related conditions or triggers, and electronically index each according to their medical specialty
- Return all physical records as they are received, with careful attention paid to the integrity and condition of physical files
- Appropriately note the steps taken during file conversion within our system, and ensure accuracy by recording information pertinent to the scanned file in question
- Respond to queries from our clients regarding claim folders
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiarity with medical documents, such as, but not limited to diagnostic forms, treatment records, progress notes, and medical evaluations
- Ability to focus on complex medical files
- Familiarity with the Windows XP operating system, Internet Explorer Browser, and Adobe Acrobat document creation software
- Familiarity with high-speed production grade scanners
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- High School diploma, or equivalent (GED)
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.