Project Manager, Senior
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Sr Project Manager
Location: Oakland, CA 94612
Position: Sr Project Manager
Pay Rate: $76/hr
Duration: 14 months
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is one of the largest non-profit health plan founded in 1945 which offers comprehensive, affordable health coverage plans for individual & family, Medicare, employers, and large group.
- The project manager will be assigned to a large, strategic mega-program to deliver a new quoting tool (CPQ – Configure, Price, Quote) to client's front-line staff in sales and account management. CPQ is a vendor product from Vlocity that is embedded in Salesforce, known as SalesConnect at KP.
- The role will focus on planning for and supporting cross-functional planning meetings that drive technology development in Vlocity using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
- The project manager may also provide project management support to the Process Improvement team on the CPQ program through yearend 2020. Duties may shift during the SAFe agile cycles throughout 2021.
- This project manager must have strong organizational skills, collaboration and communication skills, be comfortable with new technology, tolerant of ambiguity and adaptable to change.
- Working with program management and business and technical leads, manage all pre-planning events leading up to the Program Increment Planning meetings, held quarterly, that establish the content for the next three months of development and process definition. A key aspect of this work is identifying readiness during the lead-up to PI Planning and escalating issues which may not allow PI Planning to be executed effectively.
- Content identification: schedule Product Management team, Architecture team and Business Leads to identify candidate Epics for the upcoming Program Increment.
- Business representation: work with Business Leads to confirm attendee list for prioritization meetings as well as PI Planning event; maintain this list (in Excel) and track adds and removals over time.
- Prioritization: schedule and support meetings to decide which Features are included in the upcoming Program Increment; document meeting decisions and findings and update Jira and supporting documents.
- Technical Team design and estimation: schedule and support working sessions for Product Management and Development teams to create detailed breakdown of PI content into user stories and create capacity model for the upcoming PI.
- PI Planning event preparation: handle logistics for in-person or virtual meetings including setting up Mural boards, MS Teams meeting rooms, online document repositories, etc.
- PI Planning execution: support the 3-day PI Planning event with timekeeping, communications, issue resolution, and other support activities. Document outputs from the event, including Risks, Issues, Decisions needed, lessons learned, and other key findings.
- PI Planning follow-up: support after-event activities such as loading Jira with user stories and features, updating RAID log, and preparing an after-event summary document.
- Process improvement and documentation: Kaiser Permanente has committed to conducting PI Planning events quarterly for the foreseeable future. The SAFe methodology emphasizes continuous improvement in all areas. The Senior Project Manager in this role would be expected to thoroughly document the PI Planning process and to look for areas to improve the process after each event is completed.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects with a large technology component.
- Experience with managing large stakeholder lists (100+ people) and organizing large in-person or virtual events.
- Experience managing in an agile environment is desirable. Knowledge of the SAFe methodology is directly applicable to this work.
- Experience with Jira is desired.
- Experience with Mural, Miro or similar virtual meeting facilitation software is desired.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is a match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.