Vendor Collections Supervisor
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify Vendor Collections Supervisor
Location: Pasadena, CA 91103
Position: Vendor Collections Supervisor
Pay Rate: $37/hour
Duration: 6 months
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is one of the largest non-profit health plan founded in 1945 which offers comprehensive, affordable health coverage plans for individual & family, Medicare, employers, and large group.
- Under the direct supervision of the PFS Collections Manager, this position is responsible oversight of the selected Vendors performing services for Kaiser Permanente Patient Financial Services and to ensure they are in compliance with organizational & industry standards.
- Provides oversight to vendor validating activities that promote best practices for collection efficiency & maximization of revenue.
- Continuous monitoring of productivity, cash collections and validation of invoicing. Identifies quality issues, advises Vendor's management & implements improvement plans as well as ongoing quality assurance.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in Medicare, Medicaid and Workers' Compensation lines of business, leadership and influence skills, budget development & project management. Creates strong customer service orientation & collaboration, results orientation & strategic thinking within the Collections field.
- Provides oversight to each collections vendor, contributes & ensures accurate & timely collection of all appropriate revenue for PFS.
- Conducts performance evaluations for vendor
- Monitors & measures collection performance against cash performance targets by vendor, by payer category, by medical center & division, & maintains communication between the vendor's management & PFS Management.
- Identifies & develops new workflows to enhance recoveries.
- Communicates updated procedures & information to all involved parties.
- Ensures effective financial management of Accounts Receivable, to include financial tracking & analysis of financial recoveries & performance.
- Plans & implements departmental programs & systems that provide analytical support on financial issues.
- Authorizes refunds, write offs & adjustments up to a specified amount.
- Provides consulting expertise to business function areas & coordinates/conducts required training as identified from various sources or externally mandated requirements; stays abreast of all regulatory changes & requirements; implements & communicates changes to department & service area staff within PFS.
- Ensures timely & accurate processing of Workers' Comp, Medi-Cal, & Medicare accounts in accordance with best practices, defined process flows & procedures & applicable legislative & regulations.
- Ensures consistent application of processing procedures, policies & personnel practices among the staff & promotes organization & division strategic objectives.
- Validates vendor staff are maintaining high quality of work with revenue enhancement & customer service focus, through monitoring operational performance, & implementation & improvement options for either/or Northern & Southern California.
- Ensures consistent application of divisional wide operational practices, policies & procedures.
- Develops, recommends, implements & monitors goals, objectives, & performance standards Tracks & analyzes financial recoveries of outside vendors, ensuring effective performance.
- Plans, develops, & implements administrative strategies consistent with business plans, organizational goals, health plan member service agreements & federal & state law.
- Ensures appropriate financial reporting & accounting of revenue.
- Ensures preparation of Northern &/or Southern California general accounting documents for monthly revenue & PBS financial reports.
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated ability to lead and manage vendors, preferably in a healthcare environment required. Five (5) years of experience preferred.
- BA/BS Degree required
- Must have insurance hospital collections background
- Understand insurance appeals processes
- MediCal, Medicare FFS or HMO or Workers' Compensation knowledge required
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations related to billing and collections.
- Knowledge in budgeting and accounting principles and of personnel/labor laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of systems requirement development and user acceptance testing.
- Excellent negotiating and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and all levels of management.
- User knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and mainframe systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between management and union contracts and work within the parameters of the Labor management partnership, preferred.
- Great writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to produce and be accountable for all control documents to support the vendor management
- Invoice validation knowledge
- Project management certified
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel – pivot table, V look up, PowerPoint – creating presentations, and Windows PC, WebEx and Skype meetings
- Epic system knowledge is preferred<
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.