CAD Designer LOCATION: Watertown, WI, 53094 CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $28/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- In addition to the requirements for a Lead Designer, using either manual drafting techniques or appropriate CAD-based tools, originates, develops and checks complex mechanical layouts or electrical schematics, and associated details, assemblies, and bills-of-material in MRP system, as assigned by engineering services manager under the guidance of marketing, manufacturing, and development engineers.
- Originates and develops creative conceptual mechanical and electrical design schematics, details, assemblies in a complete and accurate manner.
- Create and maintain purchased component parts database.
- Demonstrates ability to develop high quality, economical designs as demonstrated through ease of assembly and simplicity of design.
- Establishes designs for major products requiring comprehensive knowledge of industrial practices and engineering principals and understands the software-based nature of major product lines.
- Consults with manufacturing engineers on matters involving the design and manufacture of assigned products.
- Investigates all sources of information (marketing, standards, manufacturing, and engineering) that will aid in developing products that meet the needs of our customers.
- Prepares drawing releases for all new and revised drawings.
- Responsible for and produces technically and procedurally neat and accurate documentation.
- Checks work of key team members, both remote and pant based, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum education equivalent to Associate Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Design or equivalent experience. Demonstrated initiative by taking additional college level or technical job related courses.
- Ten years or more experience in engineered drafting work, five years or more, which shall have been as a Lead Designer, involving CAD tools.
- Excellent creative ability, accuracy and very sound judgment.
- Proactively seeks efficiency related to design techniques, documentation, and process enhancements.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting.
- Good knowledge of the company's electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, IEC, and NEC.
- Mechanical: AutoCAD Suite, MS Office Applications, EasyLabel Software, working knowledge of Inventor
- Electronics: AutoCAD Suite, MS Office Applications, general knowledge of CMS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.