APR has been engaged to identify hardworking Machinist for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
CONTRACT: 12 months
PAY RATE: 20/hr
1st Shift: 6:30am - 3:30pm
- Set up, program and operate a vertical Hurco CNC machining center for production, prototyping, tooling and fixture work
- Running of various secondary equipment: manual lathe, manual mill, drill press
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Machine parts to specification
- Measure, examine, and test completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Position and fasten work pieces
- Operate equipment efficiently and safely to company standards
- Complete work in defined time standards, meeting all quality parameters
- Using job travelers / work orders, follow work instructions and document all work completed, material used, inspection details, and other information required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have 2 years minimum CNC programming experience and operation experience on a Hurco machining center
- Good working knowledge of most machining equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Able to work independently with little direction; self-motivated
- Dependability a must
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service).
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.