Machine Operator - 1st shift
APR has been engaged to identify hardworking Machine Operators for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: La Grange, NC 28551 CONTRACT: 10 months or longer PAY RATE: $13/hr. SHIFTS: 1st shift, M-F, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, OT required
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- This position is accountable to run assembly and packing operations for electrical connector machines.
- Essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) to be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of the position as described above.
- Work from drawings, specs, and routers with understanding in material handling.
- Understand quality control process of inspection sheets and non-conforming material.
- Ability to use hand tools such as precision measuring equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machinery such as oiling and cleaning. Notify supervisor of more serious problems.
- Maintain 6-S (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) within work area.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in role
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Steel toed shoes required
- Ability to use inspection measuring equipment (micrometers, etc)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a multiple process-manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of various measuring instruments and ability to read blueprints.
COMPENSATION: We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.