Machinist LOCATION: Toccoa, GA
CONTRACT: 12 months
- Sorting and Checking, Inspection, Tool-Related Assembly, Logging Production (if job requires comparable math skills)
- Sets up and operates conventional and special purpose machines and machining centers to fabricate or repair various kinds of metallic and nonmetallic parts, tools or equipment
- Skillfully uses machine tools, hand tools, and measuring instruments.
- May need to be familiar with the metric measuring system
- Understands machine shop theory, metallurgy, mathematics, and can read blueprints.
- Use existing CNC programs
- Set up and produce acceptable first articles, within tolerances and conditions as indicated on the blueprints, routers (RPS), and sketches, on all machinery and/or hand tooling
- Set up and operate one or more of the following: CNC lathe, Radax, trim & roll equipment, manual lathe, CNC mill, manual mill
- Operate sizer and hand deburr
- Read and interpret all prints, sketches, RPS instructions, QAPs, QCPs, and all special instructions that pertain to parts processed in the area
- Achieve and maintain self-inspection status
- Determine when a machine or tool is not operating safety and correctly
- Know all setup procedures, the problems that can occur, and the correct procedure to eliminate the problem
- Properly fill out all paperwork as required and accurately input data into computer system
- Achieve and maintain acceptable job efficiency
- Provide training instruction as required
- Set up for others
- Adhere to work instructions and standard work
- Follow all MESH processes and procedures
- 1-3 years of experience in role.
- HS Diploma or GED
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service).
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.