APR has been engaged to identify hardworking Material Handler for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Sumter, SC 29154
CONTRACT: 11 Months
PAY RATE: $12.75/hr
The Machine Operator will be responsible for providing knowledge and expertise on lines through the effective set up and operation of machinery including but not limited to Brake Press, Franklin, Turret Punch, Tap Machine, Manual Shear, etc. Provide internal and external customers with the required parts necessary to complete customer orders in a timely manner with the utmost of quality.
• You will set up, operate and perform operator periodic maintenance on a variety of machines in the Steel Shop. Individuals will be responsible for running machines such as: Franklin Punch, Boschert, Vertical and Horizontal Brakes, Bus Shear, Leveler, Notcher, Trumpf Laser and Tapper.
• You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
• You will ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton's quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
• You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
• You will comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
• You will keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
• You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one's function.
• You will exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
• You will perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
• You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
• HS diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
• Must reside within 50 miles of Sumter SC to be considered. No relocation Benefits provided.
• Machine operator experience or graduate of a machine certificate program.
• Experience reading blueprint, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
• Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service).
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.