APR has been engaged to identify hard working Material Planner for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Euclid, OH, 44117 CONTRACT: 8 months or longer PAY: $29.75/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires a combination of materials management and data analysis skills.
- This position will monitor the overall health of the ERP system while leading projects to increase the accuracy of the data in the ERP system. This position will develop processes to better define and utilize the relationship between material flow and ERP transactions.
- The Analyst provides reports and analysis for Supply Chain senior leaders and division management personnel. This function compiles, analyzes, and validates data for internal customers. The position requires a highly qualified professional who provides thorough and timely reports utilizing SCM data systems and tools.
- Develop and maintain production schedule by using kanban and work center load analysis to create even volume of work.
- Maintain ownership of work order population - effectively communicate and acting on past due and non-intact work orders.
- Demonstrate high levels of engagement with assigned project, including daily stand-up meetings and continuous improvement activities.
- Schedule/initiate subassembly and/or outside process procurement while providing manufacturing support through expediting effort.
- Monitor inventory transactions to assure material is being processed in an accurate and timely manner. Identify and communicate potential delays and/or problems to internal and external customers which may impede finished goods delivery.
- Minimize manufacturing shortages and inventory investment while meeting commitments to customer orders, in support with the plant objectives and goals.
- Manage rejected material from suppliers as well as production. Contact with vendors on a minimal basis.
- Maintain high levels of communication with all departments to ensure optimum flow of materials and information status through production phases. Also, demonstrate total ownership of all aspects of material/production planning for assigned product lines by attending status meetings and issuing reports to meet internal/external demands.
- Leads and participates in Lean Planning efforts to tightly align supply to demand throughout the plant, focusing on work order integrity, production center load, finite schedule attainment, and WIP inventory reduction.
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information (work order, work center, inventory, forecast) and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to improve plant/product line supply chain execution.
- Leads and participates on manufacturing cell improvement teams, driving the continuous improvement of operations by setting/communication goals, team building, and analysis.
- Supports and leads actions necessary to attain SIOP maturity, such as data collection, demand evaluation, fulfillment measurement, and integration assessment.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain management, or engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum three years of experience in discrete manufacturing with depth in production planning, inventory management and operations.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and ERP/MRP systems.
- Good communications and customer service skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers.
- Knowledge of supply chain, purchasing, and finance reporting systems as a power user at the administrative level.
- Functional knowledge of supply chain and purchasing requirements.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Strong project management skills.
- Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Thorough understanding of Materials Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.