Quality Control Inspector
APR has been engaged to identify hardworking Quality Control Inspector for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
Quality Control Inspector
LOCATION: Beltsville, MD 20705
CONTRACT: 12 Months
PAY RATE: $17.60/hr 2nd Shift 3pm-11:30pm
Inspect dimensions to print. Uphold the quality and integrity of all parts manufactured. Support operations in a leadership facet to help meet internal/external goals to both our suppliers and customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Visually and manually inspect manufactured parts per acceptance criteria
• Dimensionally inspect manufactured parts with CMM or advanced measuring technique per acceptance criteria.
• Read/interpret advanced blue prints, assembly drawings, angularity, profile, and various datum's (Vectors)
• Working knowledge of multiple product lines with emerging leadership roles and responsibilities
• Record/document all receiving, in-process, and final inspection findings as required
• 5S+ involvement which includes but not limited to your working area
• Uphold quality integrity and generate non-conformance reports when parts don't meet specifications
• Ability to work with MFG-PRO to process parts systematically and WISPER for DMR generations
• Maintain calibration of all duct welding assembly fixtures.
• Using pre-written programs, calibrate attribute gauges
• Working knowledge on use of hand tools including gage R and R, as well as material analysis processing
• Ability to read and interpret advance blue prints, reverse engineer prints, establish inspection methodology
• Advanced operating systems background with working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Shop mathematical skills- Ability to inspect or generate programs per CNC/CMM inspection
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRMENTS: • High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) minimum.
• 5 years' of quality inspection experience
• Experience working with inspection plans, first piece layout, FAIR's, mil certs and COC's
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Associate Degree or Technical certification preferred
• Advance Blue Print reading, GD & T, and CMM training/certification is a plus
• Knowledge of scanning & programming from solid models Mitutoyo, MCOSMOS software a plus. (Preferred)
WORK CONDITIONS: • Safety first focus factory which requires proper PPE where applicable. You must be able to lift up to 35lbs with in any given day. The job could require standing on your feet anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. Will require focus evaluations from close proximity and frequent use of hand to eye coordination.
• Possible exposure to radiation through the use of a XRF device for scanning material
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.