Data Management Specialist Jr
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Data Management Specialist Jr.
LOCATION: Washington, D.C. 20049
CONTRACT: 12 months
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
Long-term Services and Supports (LTSS) Data Management Specialist.
- Assists with a major long-term services policy research project (the LTSS Scorecard 2020), working with a team of professionals.
- Contributes to project design, assists with data collection, implements quality assurance, conducts quantitative and qualitative data analyses, and prepares written, graphic, and tabular materials summarizing research findings.
- Research and analyze data to identify issues, trends, and opportunities to improve processes or programs
- Access a variety of data sources to evaluate implementation of policy changes
- Provide research and technical assistance to staff within in support of AARP's enterprise priorities and related advocacy efforts.
- Review, monitor and analyze legislative, regulatory federal and state proposals
- Design, write, edit, and fact-check reports and presentations.
- The position is responsible for conducting literature review, quantitative analyses of data, and review and summarize legislation and regulations.
- Position requires the ability to initiate and complete work independently, to plan and manage one's workload, and to complete work under tight time pressures.
- Employee must exercise good judgment in providing research assistance and technical advice to stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Contributes to the execution of the research project. Assists with questionnaires, interviews, or other data collection. Identifies, collects and summarizes research literature on specific topics.
- Organizes data, conducts qualitative and quantitative data analysis. Checks data and data output for accuracy, ensuring that analysis procedures are implemented correctly and that results are reported consistently and correctly. Strong knowledge of Excel required, working knowledge of Access or specialized statistical software such as SAS is useful.
- Communicates research findings. Prepares standardized or basic reports for project team and other audiences. Prepares tables, maps, and graphs from raw and summary data for inclusion in written reports, web-based summaries, and presentations. Reviews and proofreads research reports.
- Helps coordinate relationships with other AARP units, vendors, team members, and clients to successfully implement the research project.
- Supports multiple research components, collaborating with others and taking responsibility for assigned tasks in order to achieve project goals and objectives.
POSITION COMPLEXITY, INTERACTION &IMPACT
- Works in fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Though this position will receive structured guidance in developing methods, execution of the work requires some autonomy.
- The work will be challenging as the products are ground-breaking and require intense and ongoing assessment of data.
- The LTSS Data Management Specialist has project level responsibility to independently complete tasks assigned and to manage multiple requests.
- This position has primary responsibility for checking numbers and facts in reports and provides feedback to other staff on work quality.
- Works with staff at all levels within the Public Policy Institute, with support units of AARP, and with clients on projects to which they have been assigned.
- Their role is primarily informative and coordinative, although the data management specialist may play an advisory role if they are managing all aspects of a small project.
- Position interacts externally with professional colleagues, vendors, external researchers, and sometimes partner organizations on a research project. This project has important impact on how the market understands and views both federal and state progress on meeting the demands of the aging and disability populations. Governments, policymakers and private industry rely on the LTSS Scorecard for criti
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.