APR has been engaged to identify hard working Graphic Designer.
LOCATION: Washington, DC
CONTRACT: 6 months
Looking for a production designer to work on TheGirlfriend.com V2 Newsletter. He or she will contribute to shaping the creative look of this new digital publication. He or she is an editorial layout or production designer who is great at MAC OS, Indesign CC, Photoshop and Illustrator. They must have a good idea for detail and have great communication and organizational skills.
• Works with the art director and photo editor in an agile environment to develop art on brand of the aforementioned publication
• Contributes to the creative process in conceiving design solutions and editorial pitches
• Conducts research and follows procedures (stock, archival, publicity and personal collection imagery)
• Manages Indesign and Photoshop templates
• Builds out necessary social media graphics weekly and supplies to necessary creatives or outlets
• Creates additional on brand graphics for digital and other media outlets.
• Uploads imagery to Wordpress weekly
• Demonstrates excellent ability to multi-task and to interact well with others
• Bachelors Degree 3-5 years professional experience (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of multiple photographic styles; art, conceptual, editorial, food, lifestyle
• Experience working in editorial, such as Buzzfeed, Refinery29, City Paper or similar publication
• Proficient in page layout software applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
• Able to research and communicate/interpret conceptual ideas.
• A self-starter who can traffic his/her own layouts through the editorial process, adhere to tight deadlines, and maintain quality throughout.
• Social Media Savvy
• Application Experience a Plus – DAM, WordPress, CMS
• Photo/video production (helpful but not necessary)
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service). 401k plan is available after 90 days.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.