Job Search Strategist (Career Coach)
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Outreach Specialist.
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL 35242
CONTRACT: 12 months
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm
We have an exciting immediate opportunity to become part of the AARP Foundation Workforce Programs team with the ReGeneration Project in Birmingham, AL and Jacksonville, FL.
AARP Foundation is an affiliate of AARP focused tackling senior poverty by helping vulnerable adults build economic opportunity and social connectedness. Bolstered by vigorous legal advocacy, we spark bold, innovative solutions that foster resilience, strengthen communities and restore hope. The Job Search Strategist will be part of the ReGeneration team in Birmingham, AL or in Jacksonville, FL. ReGeneration is collaboration between Generation USA and AARP Foundation to provide innovative short term training programs for unemployed workers 40 and older interested in becoming an Administrative Medical Assistant (Birmingham) or and IT Help Desk professional (Jacksonville). These are grant funded contingent labor positions that will be supervised remotely.
We are seeking an energized, positive thinker to create and present "Spotlight" workshops that educate older workers about the in-demand jobs and potential new careers that they can get after completing the ReGeneration training programs.
In addition to conducting the workshops and doing community outreach to recruit unemployed 40+ candidates, the Job Search Strategist will learn and teach "7 Smart Strategies for 50+ Jobseekers" workshops for training participants, and lead sessions to help them implement those strategies in their job search during and after graduating from training.
The Strategist will with work with the ReGeneration team to help learners successfully compete for jobs, while building career management skills to continue to grow in their career and achieve their individual "dream job" goals.
- Assist in the development of the Spotlight Career Workshops in each community.
- Plan, host, and record results of the outreach events, including the Spotlight workshops.
- Learn and teach job candidates to implement the 7 Smart Strategies in their job search, by hosting the 7 Smart Strategies Workshop during the Week Zero of the training programs and participating in Employment Essentials sessions during the training program.
- Works with diverse clients age 40 and older.
- Uses a Salesforce database to track results.
- Research local employers with jobs that match the training programs and coordinate with the local Regeneration team to ensure that Employment Essentials and 7 Smart Strategies correctly describe and
- Conduct vocational research, job analyses, labor market surveys, and transferable skills analyses
- Work collaboratively with the ReGeneration team to help job candidates successfully win employment.
- Track attendance and registration in Salesforce.com system.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Compassionate and positive thinker
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills
- Basic computer competencies with the ability to use Microsoft Office and electronic documentation database
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with remote supervision
- Outreach and marketing skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Public Speaking training experience
- Must have reliable transportation, and be comfortable with traveling throughout the metro area
- Experience in car
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.