Property Tax-Aide Project Coordinator
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Property Tax-Aide Project Coordinator.
LOCATION: Washington, DC 20049
CONTRACT: 12 months
Company overview: AARP Foundation is AARP's affiliated charity, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to ending senior poverty. AARP Foundation works to ensure that low-income vulnerable older Americans have nutritious food, affordable housing, a steady income, and strong and sustaining social bonds. We collaborate with individuals and organizations who share commitment to innovation and our passion for problem-solving. Supported by vigorous legal advocacy, we create and advance effective solutions that help struggling older adults transform their lives.
Property Tax-Aide Description: Property Tax-Aide (PTA) is a new program at AARP Foundation that will increase an older adults ability to remain in their home as they age by helping to raise awareness of property tax relief programs, help older adults determine if they are eligible, help them apply and follow up with the client to validate that they get the relief for which they applied. PTA will target selected programs in selected states to implement and scale this program over the next three years.
• Work closely with Housing team and other impact team members within the Foundation to scale the Property Tax-Aide program nationally through a volunteer based channel
• Manage day-to-day activities to sustain PTA volunteer and partner engagement to help empower low-income older adults to age-in- place
• Coordinate with AARP Foundation staff to respond to PTA volunteer's and/or client's concerns and feedback about program operations, volunteer reimbursement, and product assistance
• Facilitate program participant focus groups as necessary to gather insight on program operations
• Coordinate with the Foundation's implementation partners (product development and quality control partners) to analyze and use client data to improve digital products and services and long-term strategy for sustainable growth of PTA
• Manage relationships between the Foundation and program partners including volunteers, AARP state offices, and state governments
• Plan on-the-ground stakeholder meetings or community-based events to advocate or promote PTA and serve as its 'brand ambassador' to elicit potential revenue opportunities
Skills of desired candidate: An ideal candidate should have some of the following characteristics
• Minimum bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of working experience in private or social sector
• Passion for working with vulnerable or underserved populations
• Entrepreneurial-minded problem solver, comfortable working in fast-pace and sometimes uncertain environments
• Previous experience as community manager or similar capacity
• Previous experience in design thinking and UX/UI, especially for digital products
• Background in business, finance, marketing or related areas; knowledge and experience in tax policy, applied psychology or behavioral economics a plus
• Background working with municipal governments a plus
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Ideal level of experience and compensation:
• AARP Foundation offers competitive salary according to experience level
Reporting and team structure:
• Report to Director and Program Manager, Housing Impact Area
• Work closely with Housing team (4-5 team members)
• Collaborate with Foundation's impact, communication and innovation teams as required
Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.