Senior Software Engineer
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Senior Software Engineer for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA 94089
CONTRACT: 18 months or longer
PAY: $73/hr. on W2
Our client is a subsidiary of an American multinational telecommunications company for its media and online businesses.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are looking for engineers to join our Big Data team in Sunnyvale CA. In this role, you would be building some of the largest data lakes in the world! We manage 50K nodes running 1.5 million jobs per day, across thousands of users and tons of applications, processing close to an exabyte of data.
The qualified engineer would work on developing large scale distributed SQL and No-SQL engines involving one or more of the following open source projects: Hive, Presto, Pig or Hbase. On this outstanding team, we're challenged by complex problems day in and day out, and in having each other to lean on, we find ourselves growing every day as a result.
We're currently active in 6 Apache projects and our team consists of numerous committers and PMC members. In other words, not only will you make a massive impact here at Verizon Media, but globally as well.
- Understand all aspects of our distributed systems and learn select components in detail
- Be a leader in open source (Apache Software Foundation) projects
- Design massively distributed technology and develop bleeding-edge cloud computing software
- Work closely with service engineering, operations, and Hadoop users to engineer bleeding-edge solutions that allow us to answer today's most meaningful data-related questions
- Develop brand new caching layer from scratch for Presto
- Build a brand-new stats collection layer utilizing sketches for data compression for Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Work on state-of-the-art rolling upgrade system for HBase
- Crafting scalable and performant OLTP layer for HBase that can compete with Oracle!
- MS degree or BS + 5 years of experience
- Strong work history and/or educational background
- Skilled in either Java or C++
- In-depth knowledge of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Performance Optimization Techniques
- A passion for working with large distributed data and systems
- An interest in working on database internals and query optimization
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.