Technical Security Analyst
Title: Technical Security Analyst
Location: Dulles, VA
Duration: 6 months or longer
Our client is a subsidiary of an American multinational telecommunications company for its media and online businesses.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The person in this role:
- Perform vulnerability scan, analysis, validation and remediation activities.
- Perform network and application penetration testing.
- Validate vulnerabilities discovered through code analysis.
- Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of company's environment's risk level, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats.
- Engineer application, system and network security solutions to meet security requirements for varied operating environments.
- Research and assess new threats, vulnerability security trends and security alerts, recommend remedial action.
- Work with customers to oversee remediation of identified security issues.
- Perform technical and non-technical compliance activities.
- Provide security subject matter expertise to company's product teams including developers and system administrators.
- Perform security validation for configuration settings on different systems.
To qualify for this opportunity candidates:
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residents
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1 year of information security work experience.
- Fluent in a variety of web application protocols, operating systems and networking technologies.
- Strong understanding of common network vulnerabilities, OS vulnerabilities (Linux, Windows and OSX), patching and attack patterns.
- Strong understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities such as XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation among others.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and engineering skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Solid organizational skills and strong customer service skills.
- Experience with parsing / analysis of large data sets (e.g. vulnerability scan results).
- Experience with Splunk for analysis
Rate: $55/hour on W2
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team.
We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.