Center Engineer Telecom Project Management
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Center Engineer Telecom Project Management Location: Richardson, TX 75081 Position: Center Engineer Telecom Project Management
Duration: 12 months or longer
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The company is in the process of modernizing our core networks to enable new, groundbreaking products and technologies. This new 'Intelligent Edge Network' leverages virtualization and software defined networking and will transform how we provide products and service, and maintain our position as the industry leader. The company is seeking motivated and driven Engineering professionals to support the Intelligent Edge network. In this position, you will be responsible for Center Engineering and Vendor Management for various build initiatives in the Intelligent Edge and video networks. Candidate will engineer and manage multiple simultaneous projects. The position requires involvement throughout the life cycle of a build, in particular to resolve technical issues as they present themselves. The Engineer will utilize Company's Capacity Creation Process (CCP) system, Capital Management system, vSAP, CoFEE and other internal systems to document all technical solutions and ensure a timely deployment of all builds.
Functional Responsibilities Include: • Engineering details will include but not be limited to project-specific installation instructions, engineering database (ICON, CCP) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
• Create required Telephone Equipment Orders (TEOs) to drive purchase of required equipment and services.
• Create Project Supplements as required for appropriate financial budget management of build initiatives.
• Coordinate and drive Engineering issues to resolution.
• Manage multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
• Negotiate and coordinate overall project schedules for Engineering activities, Construction start and completion dates.
• Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve technical issues encountered throughout the build process.
• Maintain excellent communication with Project Manager, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
• Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations in performing site surveys to obtain critical site specific pre-engineering data prior to the build, as well as post installation redlines and end of job audits.
• Negotiate, coordinate, and drive/track completion of project milestones with all appropriate stakeholders, to include third party turf vendors.
• Facilitate and maintain relationships with multiple service vendors, including pricing compliance, standards creation and compliance, and conducting quality reviews – to include follow up remediation as appropriate and periodic performance reviews.
What we're looking for... You'll need to have: • Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
• Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
• A degree with focus in area of engineering or other technical discipline.
• Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion using conflict resolution/facilitation/solution-driven analysis.
• Superior communication and project methodology skills in combination with technical expertise in telecom network engineering.
• Excellent Excel, Word and other MS application experience.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.