Change Management Consultant
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Change Management Consultant.
Location: Morristown, NJ 07960
Position: Change Management Consultant
Duration: 12 months or longer
Pay Rate: $50-60/hr. on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
A change consultant will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The change consultant will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees and our processes. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
The change consultant will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The change consultant will act as a coach for leaders in helping them fulfill the role of change leaders. The change consultant will provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The change consultant will support project management teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Change Consultant
The change consultant will:
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Apply a change management process and tools to co-create and implement a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Support communication efforts
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Assess the change impact
- Conduct stakeholder assessment and impact analysis; assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Support training efforts
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs as needed.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables: change and communications plan, stakeholder assessment and impact analysis, training plan
- Support and engage leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists and consultants
- Integrate change management activities into project plan- work with PMO
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level
Skills and Qualifications
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in managing organizational change
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools; Change Management Methodology a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.