Health & Wellness Coordinator II
Health & Wellness Coordinator II
2 years and 5 months Hanover, Maryland $18-20/hr (DOE) on W2
A global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
- Coordinators will facilitate fitness assessments (including health history, height, weight, circumference measurements, body composition, heart rate, blood pressure, submax VO2 bicycle testing, flexibility testing through the use of a sit and reach test, and muscular strength and endurance tests utilizing push-up and sit-up protocols).
- You will conduct equipment orientations including both cardiovascular and resistance equipment, provide one-on-one training, nutritional advice and exercise prescriptions.
- In addition, you will ensure a safe and clean facility by checking equipment, addressing and correcting malfunctions and maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies.
- Members will look to you to assist them in charting their attendance and progress.
- Supporting the development of incentive programs and motivation programs, assist with health promotion activities including seminars, lectures and workshops on a variety of health and wellness topics including nutrition, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, time and stress management, relaxation techniques, and more.
- The types of programs you will be involved in include: flu shots, wellness messages, health screenings, motivational programs, smoking cessation classes, blood drives, body composition and blood pressure checks, massage therapy, charitable events and more.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or a related field or relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced work environment.
- CPR, First Aid & AED Certification required.
- Experience with fitness testing and personal training required.
- Group exercise instructor experience a plus.
- A genuine commitment to encourage and motivate others to exercise and maintain healthy lifestyle through personal example.
- ACSM, NSCA, NASM, ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Group Exercise Certification (general or specific; Yoga, Zumba, Spinning etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
Pay Rate: $21/hr
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.