IP Edge Engineer
Position: IP Edge Engineer Location: Southlake, TX 76092 Duration: 24 months or longer Pay Rate: $55-$60/hr on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
This position will support the Core Network Engineering team with responsibilities in the South Central and South East Markets. You will assist with and perform engineering responsibilities for one or more COINs and work closely with the Capacity Planning, Design and Operations teams to implement our strategic technology goals and transition to the eNSE network fabric platform.
You will also work to support strategic technology goals including the ongoing migration of core elements to eNSE and the onboarding of VNFs. You will work collaboratively with existing team members to meet team goals.
- Develop network configurations from design models and templates.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure new networks are built, migrated and decommissioned
- Build networks for interconnection to Cloud Platforms for growth, capacity and expansion.
- Work with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments. Leveraging plugins for network deployments across multiple virtualized OS environments.
- Engineer network solutions and can work independently with a strong interaction with application teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent data networking and telecommunications service experience.
- Strong experience with Leaf-and-Spine network fabric leveraging Cisco and Nokia SR-OS is a must-have ***
- Minimum of 5 years experience in data networking and telecommunications, including expert knowledge and working hands on knowledge preferrably in the service provider or large enterprise network environment.
- Hands-on experience configuring Nokia (Alcatel Lucent) routers, switches and related network equipment. Preferably: Nokia ALU 7750 SR1s/7s, and 7250 IXR with hands-on operating SR-OS. Others include Cisco Carrier Routing Systems (CRS), Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS), ASR 9K, ISR 3945, Nexus 3K, 7K, 9K, Juniper MX-480, MX-960. Operating Systems: IOS, XR-IOS, NX-OS, JunOS.
- Solid understanding of Networking specific technologies: VXLAN, L2VPN (VPLS), L3VPN (VPRN), OSPF, ISIS, MPBGP, QOS/Traffic Engineering, MPLS (LDP & TDP) , Segment routing and EVPNs.
- Nuage & other SDN technologies knowledge.
- Any cloud and scripting experience i.e. Linux, Openstack, Python, automation, ansibles, virtualization is a plus.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.