Municipal Project Manager
Municipal Project Manager
$60/hr on W2 (With Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K)
12 months or longer contract
This position will be working in the Local Market Wireline Engineering Team and will be working closely and partnering with Network Planning, Engineering and process organizations to drive the Technology solutions. The position is required to lead critical business deliverables for Municipal Project management.
- The Municipal Project Manager is responsible for ensuring adherence to federal and state rules and regulations relative to developing and constructing a project.
- Review and monitor a master schedule to coordinate all activities necessary for:
- Completing the project design, coordinating all necessary permits and approvals, relocating conflicting utilities, acquiring and clearing all rights-of-way and preparing bid documents.
- Prepare Request for Proposals / Qualifications and Scope of Services for any and all consulting needs subject to approval.
- Act as member of selection team and assume responsibility for documenting this process.
- Ensure that all provisions of consulting/contracting contracts are met and submitted on time and within cost limits. Will be responsible for any and all contract administration.
- Use Fiber Inventory Management (FIM) Tool & Google Earth Pro to document routes for underground and aerial fiber optic cable in private and public right of ways from both desktop reviews and construction as-builts.
- View aerial imagery, websites and other documentation to locate cell towers, customer sites, easements to assist the Engineering team.
- Manage the conversion of source data into drawings (e.g. Shape/KML/KMZ files) showing placement of existing & new fiber optic cable in various markets.
- Ensure fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the Fiber Inventory data management system.
- Participate in design and review of new Fiber Mapping enhancements and integrations.
- Effectively interface and professionally communicate with Executive Management and colleagues in Engineering, Pricing, OSP Third Party Engineering & Construction Vendor, Project Management, Network Engineering, Finance and Accounting, among others under tight timelines.
- Create simple ad-hoc or presentation-quality maps, depending on the situation, for senior management, engineers, account executives and peers.
- Prepare information in various formats (e.g., maps, spreadsheets, slides) for executive management, construction project management, field operations, and network operations when requested.
- Organize workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques
- Balance priorities with consideration for importance and urgency of projects. Quickly switch between numerous small projects, requiring immediate response, and larger projects having multiple steps and longer deadlines.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Responsibility for coordinating all project activities and monitoring all aspects of project development on behalf of MCI while acting as liaison between the Municipalities, MCI, consultants and/or contractors as necessary.
- Upon completion of project, ensure as-built documentation is appended to existing plant documentation and review GUI (3GIS, FIM) system to ensure accurate records are maintained
Experience in telecom engineering, OSP field work, FTTH ODN Optical Distribution System, OSP fiber network inventory system(s), and Municipal ordinances.
College Degree in Related field. Engineering degree preferred.
9-5, Monday -Friday
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. (Eligible on the 30 days period)
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.