Network Consulting Engineer
Job Title: Network Consulting Engineer
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 (will start remote)
Duration: 2 years and 6 months or longer
Pay Rate: $50-55/hr. on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
The network engineer is responsible for engineering of video transmission platforms for the delivery of video content service offering and advertising Services. The position requires involvement throughout the life cycle of video engineering project and Content Delivery services. This involves interacting with and leading cross functional team (CFT) members as well as product vendors, provide executive level presentations, and become subject matter expert.
The engineer will need to utilize Client internal engineering systems including CCP, BAAIS, IVAPP and VEDS. The engineer will need to stay abreast of upcoming funded projects, coordinate with Network Planning for the purposes of detailed engineering of projects, and work with Video Operations and vendors on project implementation.
The position will require issuance of work orders and overseeing implementations based on network plans and capacity growth requirements.
Manage network capacity and develop capacity management processes that initiate additional capacity for video network components. Utilize engineering expertise and skills to work with the various groups to design the End to End solutions. Assist with the management of capital and expense budgets associated with video deployments. Review video construction projects and their capital costs for validation and alignment with approved guidelines and the capital program.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
· 5+ years experience as network engineer
· Experience installing equipment, servers, storage etc.
· Experience working with vendors, preferably project management skills
· Experience supporting Cisco router, Dell servers
· Strong analytical skills
· Knowledge of Splunk, IP networks, TCP/IP, SONET, MPLS, UDP/IP, H.264, Multicasting, Streaming etc.
· Knowledge of video technology
· Experience with Synamedia servers installation and configuration
· Understanding of various storage architecture (Isilon, NetApp)
· Familiar with Video Transformation CODECS, Conditional Access Systems, or Digital Rights Management
· Demonstrated leadership, vendor relationship skills in previous roles
· Experience in the development of PowerPoint presentations for director and above presentations
· Highly proficient in Excel with pivot tables, macro, and formulas to create and manage large amounts of data
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.