TITLE: Network Engineer LOCATION: Southlake, TX 76092 CONTRACT: 24 months or longer PAY RATE: $45-$50/hr on W2 SHIFT: Limited to 40/hr a week with occasional overnight maintenance window (safe time) work.
- Must be part of On-Call rotation to respond to trouble issues after hours as part of as tier 2 or tier 3 team.
- Ability to work from home or remotely.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
Network Engineer / Systems Admin
- Responsible for engineering IP edge networks at Service Aggregation Points (SAP) to support the networking configuration needed to build and migrate the VCP applications.
- Engineer the IP (L2/L3) eNSE network configuration through the use of automated systems for configuration deployment.
- Read and understand new and changing design models and templates to support new application versions, migrations and deployments.
- Provide feedback to automation teams on how to update workflows.
- Add new Access Leafs (ALs) to the eNSE fabric network as Verizon Cloud Platforms (VCP) grow and expand.
- Engineering network solutions with a strong interaction with PNF and VNF applications teams.
- Working with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments.
- Overseeing network builds from procurement to In Service.
- Strong Interaction with design and architecture teams developing future networks.
- Work with peer teams to ensure new networks are built and migrated to meet KPIs.
- Must have a strong ability to understand end to end call flows for deploying network services.
- Managing network engineering projects to deliver on time.
- Project oversight and ownership.
- Administration of RHEL platform host server and guest server configurations.
- Provide budget input for ongoing life cycles of devices, software releases, licenses, and operating systems for build projects.
- Leading and road mapping with cross functional teams for alarms, call flows, and upgrades
- Building systems following designs and integrating them into production networks and infrastructure.
- Must be part of on-call rotation to respond to trouble issues after hours as part of as tier 2 or tier 3 team.
- Working with the OpenEdge development team to enhance orchestration, feature request and configuration management tools.
- Daily health checks to identify gaps and to mitigate possible issue found in the platform.
- Identify automation opportunities; plus, building and managing virtual machines in OpenStack or KVM environments
- Creating and using scripting with Ansible or Python for automation development and testing using an ad hoc basis or using vendor and home-grown system applications
- Leading with internal and external stakeholders to finalize enhancements to support business and operational needs.
- Defining in performance testing to ensure systems deliver services to their rated capacity.
- Working with internal and external teams to develop demand models for forecasting and trending system utilization.
- Creating system designs and understanding of application flows; which satisfy design security criteria and meet availability requirements in keeping with best practices.
- Driving the growing of the platform as needed to satisfy forecasted demand
- Ability to document complex platforms and procedures for internal and external teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills working closely with all application owners and vendors to ensure end-to-end service performance metrics are achieved.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Experience with IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks and strong knowledge of MPLS.
- Worked with Cisco (VTS), Nokia (Nuage) or Itential (IAP) automation tools.
- Experience with Linux systems engineering.
- Hands on experience with virtualization of networks/servers.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of fabric networking.
- Cisco and Nokia or other networking certifications.
- A strong ability to understand end to end call flows for deploying network services.
- Python scripting a plus.
- Experience with Software-Defined Networking Architecture
- RHEL Certifications or Linux Certifications
- Experience with Pica8 OS
- Experience with OpenFlow Specification
- Experience with Juniper Route Reflectors
- Experience with Forward Networks
- Experience with Lumina Open Daylight
- Experience with API communication protocol usages
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.