Program/Project Management Consultant
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Global Project Manager.
Job Title: Global Project Manager
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Duration: 12 months or longer
Pay Rate: $35-40/hr. on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for quickly absorbing the complexity of governance, risk and compliance programs from the big picture to the individual activities and facilitating reviews of global project requests requiring risk governance oversight and approval, on behalf of all business units. He/she will review, analyze, manage & recommend course of action on all global project requests, working directly with the project team to identify all project dependencies and ensure successful completion of all necessary reviews and approvals. The candidate will be responsible for working with cross-functional team members across the enterprise and with third parties. This is also an exciting and rare opportunity for the candidate to design his/her dream job, since his/her first assignment will be to lead the process improvement project for their own job.
1. Lead business units in the global clearance development and approval process for moving work offshore, drive participants to meet SLAs, and own the process of keeping Records and Reporting on Results to Management. The end to end Clearance Process is a multi-layered, project specific assessment of information and operational risk, and the actions required to obtain authorization for the proposed offshore work
- Partner with domestic and international business units in drafting new and revised clearances. (The Clearance Analyst provides expertise with complex clearance rules and requirements, and the business unit personnel contribute knowledge of what the business wishes to get cleared).
- Partner with domestic and international business units in presenting clearance requests to approvers, following up on any requests for additional information or modifications, and obtaining all required approvals.
- Partner with domestic and international attorneys to review and evaluate clearance requests and ensure that they comply with country regulations and legal requirements.
- Interpret complex Clearance policies and rules and apply to individual clearances in creative and practical ways to facilitate approval and minimize exception requests.
- Ensure that assigned business personnel understand the role of the business unit in creating clearance requests and shepherding these through the approval process.
- Keep an accurate record of progress on assigned clearances, monitor progress against clearance timeline, and keep management apprised of any jeopardies that may arise, along with recommendations on addressing these jeopardies. Take ownership for driving all participants in the process to meet clearance timeline.
- Provide periodic management reporting on clearance timeliness and throughput.
2. Working with the Clearance Manager, drive the process of continually improving the clearance development, approval, and record-keeping methodologies while also evolving these to support new business needs.
3. Provide Compliance guidance to the business units by working directly with clearance owners to ensure that they understand the rules for compliance for each clearance.
- Instruct clearance owners on the process for periodic self-assessment and verification of ongoing compliance with clearance parameters and conditions.
- Recommend improvements to the compliance aspect of the clearance process.
- Use lessons learned from the compliance aspect of the clearance process to drive down the incidence of non-compliance over time.
Must Have Skills:
- Minimum 5 years project planning and project management experience, preferably with products and services.
- Experience in at least 2 of the following functions: Compliance, Sourcing, Vendor Due Diligence, Training Design, JIRA for Business Processes, Corporate Security or IT Security, Business Process Outsource
- Significant knowledge of or equivalent experience in risk management, compliance, audit or GRC preferred
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement individually or at a team or organizational level
- Demonstrated experience writing business and technical documents, including white papers, training guides, process documentation and/or business cases
- Significant knowledge of or equivalent experience in SDLC, PLM and/or new product development process
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Lead or Project Manager. PMP mindset is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Critical and logical thinker – A
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.