RF Design Engineer
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a RF Design Engineer Pay rate: $50 to $60/hr on W2 with Benefits (Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.) Location: Charlotte, NC 28262 Driving required throughout central SC approx. 10% of time. Duration: 4 months or longer
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
A global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
- Responsible for collecting and using hourly/daily service measurement data to optimize the network and reduce VoLTE/LTE lost calls and ineffective attempts;
- Creating new cell site translations and neighbor lists in support of regional build program activity;
- Support System Performance and RF Engineers in evaluating and improving areas of poor VoLTE coverage by identifying/analyzing service problems.
- Reporting problems to appropriate engineers; resolving customer service issues and assist in implementing solutions.
- Collect drive test data in support of performance evaluations and build program prioritization;
- Troubleshooting and resolving VoLTE complaints and trouble tickets;
- Creating maps for network optimization and planning; and conducting special engineering studies (Parameter audits, RF Call Trace).
- Troubleshoot/resolve PIM and/or VSWR issues within the base station lines and antenna system.
- Integrate and optimize new eNodeB's and AWS capacity additions into the existing network and stadium DAS networks
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required 1-3 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications' industry.
- General understanding and or working knowledge in one or more of the following platforms and/or technologies: System Performance including:
- RF System Optimization techniques in VoLTE and LTE for Ericsson infrastructure.
- Data System Design / Optimization including: VoLTE / LTE / GSM /HSDPA cells infrastructure, RF Propagation
- Knowledge of DAS networks based on equipment from Commscope, TE Connectivity, Mobile Access and Solid.
- Operating systems and applications including: UNIX, Windows, MS Office, Actix, Windcatcher, WireShark, IrisView.
- Drive test equipment including: DataPro, Pilot scanners, TEMS Symphony/Discovery, Spectrum analyzers, PR100, DDF007, ZKSam Cell Test, QXDM/QPST.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, ArcGIS, MapInfo, Atoll, TrueCall, Ericsson OSS
- Must have a results based approach, analytical thought process, approachable interpersonal and communication skills.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.