Telecom Field Inspector
TITLE: Telecom Field Inspector LOCATION: Schertz, TX 78154 CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $33/hr on W2 SHIFT: Normal business hours defined as 7 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday (one unpaid hour for lunch). ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Mileage reimbursement, OT is available at times. WORK ENVIRONMENT: 95 % in the field.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
Must provide late model vehicle in good condition and outfitted with hand tools and safety equipment to perform specific tasks.
- Position oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work, which includes excavations, boring, placement of hand-holes, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, grounding, and monitoring restoration (sod, etc.) of work areas per Company standards
- Schedules work and inspection phases with Market Vendor contractor(s), superintendent and agency personnel.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations
- Applies vast knowledge of OSP construction methods, practices, and safety guidelines.
- Maintains project notes, which include daily diaries, etc.
- Validates as-built and project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Validates, in conjunction with local engineering, that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field
- Knowledge of State, Federal, OSHA, NEC codes is a must.
- Processes reports, QA audits, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the telecommunications industry experience in the construction field with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e. fiber technician, inspector).
- Preference for candidates with outside plant engineering and fiber optic network construction experience. Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation and municipal permit application review required.
- Must have experience communicating and working with General Contractors (GC) (i.e. communicating with GC where they are at in the project, timeline, etc.).
- Preferred candidate will have working knowledge of 3GIS, Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications. General computer application skills required (MSOffice applications, Adobe, GSuite, etc.).
- Must meet the Company's Background Check requirements as set forth in the Outside Plant Services Agreement between Supplier and the Company.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Must follow established safety practices and guidelines.
- Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel
- Must adhere to strict regulations and procedures for the security of the Company's property.
SAFETY AND TOOL REQUIREMENTSPPE
- Leather Gloves / Kevlar Gloves
- Orange Safety Vest / Yellow Safety Vest (RR requirement / approved)
- ANIS approved boots
- Safety Glasses
- Voltage Detector
- Safety Cones ( 2 Minimum)
- Safety beacon / warning lights
Tools Hand tools
- Cable knife
- Diagonal pliers
- Tone Generator
- Tone Probe
- Can Wrench Klein 68005
- Manhole / handhold hook
- Cable / gravel depth Probe
- Measuring wheel
- Marker Paint and wand (I am not sure we want them marking anything?)
- Socket set
- Measuring tape (25 ft.)
- Camera or phone with Camera
- First Aid kit
- 2# Hammer Height Stick or Range finder (for pole inspection
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.